It is amazing what can be done when you write down your fishing goals for a season. Here's mine, i'll check back in as i finish them:

1)Catch a bass to beat my 6lb record.-
complete!!! Check out that bad boy! <--- Shocked 6lb 8oz
2)Fish Cofeen Lake for Crappie and Bass
3)Learn the fine art of using a popper and a walking dog
4)Catch a fish using my scumfrog-Complete! got a 6lb 3oz in some heavy weeds (on he same day as this badboy!) Check out the pic on my trip to cougar lake!
5)Convince my fiance to fish with me more than once a season
6)Convince my friend rob to fish with me once in his life
7)Get another of my friends to join this forum

Posted Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:44 pm

I fish Cougar lake all the time and I am yet to pull a bass out like that! I have heard of a lot of good sized bass coming out of that lake though. Congrats on the great catch.

Posted Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:43 pm

again, i think it would be great for the IL anglers to write down their goals for a season.
To recap from last time, i did get out to coffeen, not too much luck, but a pretty drive and a great looking lake. Fished from shore, wasn't very successful, lots of people on boats bringing in the lunkers, that might be something to try.
Never got rob or my fiance to fish with me.

This year:
find more spots at cougar lake. living right next to it, and hearing the sucess stories of others, there has to be plenty of places for me to fish. I've already done fairly well by the cold water culvert.

try out rubber worms. everybody loves them in So IL, and I'd like to try to find out why.

So there it is, 2 very achievable goals.

Posted Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:56 am

IL Fish Finder

Social Links