Hey. I realize that alot of people in other states post on this forum, but it seems like the illinois fishing is pretty dim on ILfishfinder. There is so much good fishing in illinois!

So how do we attract mroe members to this social forum?
Craigslist?
Social networking?
Social media optimization?

Any thoughts?

Posted Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:49 am

I completely agree that some states have been taking off much faster than others and IL is one that definately needs more users contributing.

Unfortunately these past few weeks i have been swamped with work so havent been able to work on marketing and advertising schemes.

I think promoting on social networking sites will definately help get the word out. We need to start getting users to promote the site to others either through mediums like facebook, myspace, etc.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know. I have been advertising on Google and other search engines, but it ends up costing an arm and a leg. There must be better ways.

dave o

Posted Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:29 pm

Well.....If there was news articles, or associated content like fishing tips, or product reviews...we could promote the site through public messageboards like wikianswers, and so on and so forth. As of now, it seems like this site is only useful to the users (which i appreciate the usefulness, of course), but drawing more viewers to the site is actually quite easy once you have content. If we could make another tab, or even a search bar to the map view that outside users could find the nat'l map, specifically to the area they are searching for. I do some copywriting and SEO work, i would help out when i had the time, but that might be a while from now, pretty busy at work (hence the cougar lake trip was my first one this year).

Posted Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:33 am

We could try posting a listing for the site in the mid-west outdoors paper that is free in just about every tackle shop in Illinois. I am going to post a link to it on myspace page, my yahoo site and my facebook site. I will do my best to promote to family and friends too.

Posted Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:22 pm

Now that is just a splendid idea!
Thanks!

Posted Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:29 pm

IL Fish Finder

Social Links